I have absolutely no competency with a camera, so this should be interesting.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Boo at the Zoo

I'm an instructor for a First Year Studies course this semester. Supposedly, we teach incoming freshmen how to make the transition to college life. In reality, I tend to just tell them what they can get away with and who's the easiest teacher to take for a class. Anyway, part of the class was doing a ocmmunity service project, and the class decided to volunteer at Boo at the Zoo last Friday. I know, I'm slow getting these pics up. Oh well, on with the show.

Things got off to a great start. As we were driving to the zoo, we got caught in a massive thunderstorm. We even had to pull over and wait for the rain to let up. This is us chilling in my car as we wait...

David.


Catherine.


Aaron.

Exciting, eh?

We finally arrived, then we all got our asses wet riding the trolly-thing that took us up to the entrance.

Terry and Aaron got to wear costumes. Can you guess who they are? lol


"Aww look at the baby!" Catherine was so taken with how cute the kids were I began to fear that she might try to steal one. I finally convinced her that we didn't have room in the car and that my trunk was only usefuly for hauling dead bodies, not live ones.

They got to run the most fun game ever: the clothespin drop. The excitement was palpable.


Jessica having an attack of the "Awhowcutes." We got her out just in time and started her on an IV of pure Generation Y Apathy. The doctors say she should fully recover...in time...

In short, it was a lot of fun. The kids were really cute, though the occasional six year old wearing less than some women wear to the beach was a little creepy. Not the kids so much as the moms that let them wear it. And then there was the mother who made her two kids sing "Baby Got Back" on kareoke. I shivered a little. Over all, though, it was a great time.

Cya later. ~Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home